I'm not what you would call the target shopper for the QVC television shopping network. A) I'm a man and B) I'm way under their average audience age of 54. I've bought maybe two things from them ever and do not make that channel a destination on my DirectTV.
Having said all that I was still fascinated by the newspaper profile on QVC this week in USA Today. Did you know the channel was founded in 1986 by Joseph Segel, who also founded the Franklin Mint, a direct seller of collectibles, in 1964?
Here are more fun facts from the article. See how many you know:
1) What does QVC stand for?
2) Sales in 2007? Take a guess.
3) Orders typically received per hour?
4) Units delivered to customers worldwide last year?
5) Number of products offered on air annually?
6) Number of people who auditioned to be a QVC host last year?
7) Number of new hosts selected?
8) Unique visitors to QVC.com in March?
1. Quality, value, and convenience
2. $7.4 billion dollars
4. More than 166 million
5. About 60,000
6. More than 3,000
8. 4.2 million
Happy shopping!! Oh, and what have you bought from QVC?