Sometimes I hear from people who maybe read the blog once in a while and they ask me, "How can you come up with something every single day to blog about?" or "How often do you run out of topics?" or a variation on that theme.
The truth is 180 degrees from there in my case. Every day I have to throw out several potential post ideas to choose just one. Some I can use later in the week, some would work anytime, but most are fairly topical and have to go into the metaphorical dustbin.
Let me take you inside the process today and you tell me if I'm making choices that intersect with your interests. Here is what I considered for today's entry.
1) Recap the controversy on the "Barack Obama is a terrorist who hates America" cover of the New Yorker magazine and express my opinion on how badly he has handled what should have been an opportunity to turn a negative into a positive.
2) Discuss an interesting new product - well, a refined version of something that has been around a while - of a program that converts telephone voicemail into emails and send it to you.That way you can read your phone messages instead of having to listen to actual icky humans talk.
3) Or the site that lets you type in any text and flip it upside down. No kidding. ¿ʇɐɥʇ sı ssǝlʇuıod ʍoH
4) Write about how douchy the fans at Yankee Stadium were the other night in booing every single Red Sox player participating in the baseball All-Star Game every single time they came to the plate, handled the ball, or managed the team to another victory. Seriously, they can't be gracious one night a year in the interest of celebrating the sport they allegedly love?
5) Report on the recent topless women's beach soccer match in which the Austrian team beat the German side 10-5. With pictures.
Okay, now you are me. Which story do you publish?
Time's up. Here's the one I picked. You're welcome.